Updated Health and Safety Plan – Vancouver Montessori School
Effective: September 2021 (subject to change as per Ministry notice end of August)
Vancouver Montessori School has been working on the restart with the wonderful guidance of FISA regarding the mandates and protocols for schools (As formulated by the Minister of Health, Minister of Education and Worksafe BC.) The safety of the children, staff and families are our top priority As a precaution, we have kept some protocols in effect and will update as required.
The school will provide masks upon request.
Cleaning/sanitizing of all common areas 2x a day.
Cohorts are no longer necessary.
No crowding in hallway.
Arrivals – Staggered- Safety Patrol out front to direct children and parents
8:20 – 8:30 • Rooms 1 and 2 preschool enter by walkway doors enter via parking lot
8:20 – 8:30 • Rooms 3 and 8 preschool enter by back playground
8:35 – 8:45 • Rooms 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11
Drop off in front of school and students line up to enter school
Students go directly to classrooms on their own., no hand shaking
•Hand washing immediately in class directed by teaching assistant and before and after lunch
– Windows/doors open when possible; air purifiers for ventilation
– Groupings outside when possible
– No food sharing
– Personal water bottles labeled with names
– Lunches – bring cloth placemats for hot lunch and home-made lunch. All items are returned
home for cleaning and recycling
-Classes cleaned daily.
Dismissal with Teacher/Assistant
11:30 – Preschool Rooms 1.2.3.& 8 at play ground gate
3:00 – Rooms 3 and 8 at playground gate
3:15 – Rooms 4, 5 and 6 at gate
3:30 – Room 11 Front of school
Room 9 and 7 at back gate
• Staff and children are expected to stay home if unwell
• Child will be isolated from class if they become ill at school and parents will be called for immediate pickup of child
• Parents will keep handy their form for daily wellness checking and inform office of absenteeism
· Bathrooms – cleaned by custodian during the day
· Entry doors and handles – cleaned by custodian during the day
4 PM Halls and Bathrooms – · Cleaning company arrives to clean and sanitize common areas
Bus -normal seating
• Field trips are limited
• PE – outside in good weather, and back to our local gym in October
Parents – May enter the school on school business
• Email or phone for information
• Business with office: Sign in, Hand hygiene, Stay behind office plexi-glass barriers
New “tours”, observations, meetings are done by appointment with above protocols
• Sign in, hand washing/ No hand shaking
• No office admittance – Plexi barricade
Photocopying left at front on bookcase with class number and number of copies/o Request for supplies and child’s file to front counter
• Coffee/water/re fridge and microwave in kitchen area disinfect after use
• All staff sign out with hand sanitizing
o No leaving school (before 4 on flex afternoon – work in classroom)
• Bathroom – hand wash before and after – clean taps, door knobs, etc.